As artisans we often come across times where we have great productivity and creativity... and, at other times, these very qualities seem so elusive.
Einstein had a way of bringing the obvious to light in simplistic terms... easy to understand and simple to follow...
Here are 10 life lessons which will assist anyone in their day to day living, producing and creating.
Please leave some feedback if you feel this was worth reading, or kindly send it on to someone else who you think can benefit from it.
"Every day I remind myself that my inner and outer life are based on the labors of other men, living and dead, and that I must exert myself in order to give in the same measure as I have received and am still receiving" - Albert Einstein
Life made better in 10 easy lessons
1. A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.
Most people don’t try new things because of their fear of failure. Failing is not something to be afraid of. It is often the losers who learn more about winning than the winners. Our mistakes always give us opportunities to learn and grow.
2. Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school.
30 years from now, you won’t possibly remember what chapters you had in your science book; you'll only remember what you learned on your way. Life lessons stay with you forever. Real education starts from within.
3. I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.
When you reflect on how far we humans have come from the prehistoric caves to mind-blowing technological advancements, you will feel the power of imagination. What we have now was built from the imagination of our forefathers. What we will have in future will be built from our imagination.
4. The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.
Creativity and uniqueness often depends on how well you hide your sources. You can get inspired and influenced by other great people; but when you are on stage with the whole world watching, you must become a unique, individual force that learned different values from different people.
5. The value of a man should be seen in what he gives and not in what he is able to receive. Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.
If you think of all the top people in the world, they would have added something of value to the world. You must give in order to take. When your purpose is contributing or adding value to the world, you will be elevated to a higher level of living.
6. There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle.
When nothing is a miracle, you gain the power of doing anything you want and you have no limits. And when everything is a miracle, you stop by to appreciate even the smallest of beautiful things in the world. Thinking both ways will give you a productive and happy life.
7. When I examine myself and my methods of thought, I come to the conclusion that the gift of fantasy has meant more to me than any talent for abstract, positive thinking.
Dreaming about all the great things that you can achieve is the key to a life filled with positivity. Let your imagination run wild and create the world that you would wish to be in.
8. In order to be an immaculate member of a flock of sheep, one must, above all, be a sheep oneself.
If you want to become a very successful entrepreneur, you must start a business right away. Wishing to become one, but fearing the consequences will not help. The same applies to everything – in order to win a game, one must above all play the game.
9. You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.
Learn the rules of your game and start playing it best. Keep competing like your life depended on it. And after a while you will have no one else but you to compete against. At that point, better your best.
10. The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing.
Intelligent people ask. Keep questioning yourself and others to find solutions. This will help gain knowledge and analyze your growth in all walks of life.